What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Post

Well, hello everyone this is my first post, and just wanted to share some pictures.

My terrarium, it still needs to grow in a bit. I just set it up last week, it was an upgrade from a twenty gallon.
Terrarium_whole.jpg

Side view
terrarium_side.jpg

One of the bical pitchers
bical_close.jpg

One of the amp pitchers
Amp_close.jpg

And can anyone tell me what the hell this fuzzy thing is, it grew in when everything was in the twenty gal. and I thought it was cool so I transplanted it.
Fuzzy_plant.jpg

Wow! Looks natural and I like the shape of the aquarium.

That fuzzy thing is a fern rhizome.

Very Nice!

Thanks for the complements and the ID.

Most likely from a rabbits foot fern.

-Ben

RE; Fern

That particular fern can be very damaging to nepenthes.
In a container it can wrap its roots so tightly around the nepenthes roots that it actually kinda strangles the nepenthes.

I did notice a lot of roots in the old tank, and i mean A LOT. So i think I'm going to take it out, because it did seem my bical was becoming root bound, slowing it growth and what not. Thanks for the warning.

Nice looking terrarium. Couple questions...

What kind of lighting are you using? Also, have you always grown your bical in a terrarium? Seems to be doing really well!

fabulous! AMAZING! WOW! truly art! You have definately followed the concept of high entropy to make this arrangement and it definately captures a snapshot of a real rainforest nepenthes habitat. Bravo! its very rare when we see people doing planted terraria with nepenthes. :D

You done good man, you done good

You dug up your neibors old cat Tiger! Great tank, any updates?

No updates right now, maybe in a couple days, been working a lot lately and have been really tired.

Back