What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got my shelf

glider14

Always a newbie
yay! last night i finally got my shelf. im moving all of my tropicals to this shelf.
the whole shelf. not much on it now. im getting some more neps, pings, drosera, and utrics soon!
IMG_1017.jpg

N. sanguinea(for Sam aka NeciFix :D) thats an 8 inch pot
IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

my former terrarium. now my hardening off chamber
IMG_1020.jpg

the lights are 2bulb 40watt T12 fixtures. soon ill get 4 more fixtures so ill have more light.

enjoy,
Alex

Awsome, cant wait to get my second shelf set up. What kind of nepethes do you have in the tank?

N. 'Judith Finn'. it aint doing very well...hope it recovers from the cube of death.
Alex

Cool. Looks like your ceph is about to fall over, though. Lots of room to expand!

xvart.

haha. i think the ceph is making a mature pitcher so i had to take a closer look :D so i just didnt put it back right. i dont have a question about the ceph though. when the pitchers grow it kind of pushes the plant out of the ground. anyone know how i can fix this?
Alex

It's nice but it looks really dark. Are you sure that's enough liznight? Maybe it's just the camera. My camera shifts from dark to bright and from red to orange and then to white.

I like the first picture. They look like humongous glowsticks.

i'd move more lights to each shelf rather than 1 per shelf. When i had a plant rack, i ran 3 shop fixtures per shelf. Looking good! :)
See the awesome glow that was 9 shop light fixtures hehe

One per shelf?! That's not enough!

yea. the bottom 2 have been disconnected and moved up. now there are 2 per shelf. its much brighter than it seems in the photo.
Alex

You may want to repot some of your plants into opaque containers - translucent pots promote the growth of algae in the soil. Looking good otherwise.
~Joe

thats what im planning on seedjar. the orchid place near my school has tons of extra pots. anyone know where to get those big trays? the darlingtonia you sent me, Joe are in the middle last picture. i have several adult pitchers. growth has slowed down ALOT though.
Alex

I have gotte those trays at a hydroponics place. I have also found them at lows.

anyone know where to get those big trays?\

You might want to ask Ben... I remember talking to him on IM when he got his trays.

xvart.

Beauty. I love ur nep's size, and those...darlingtonias?

aha! finally we get to see your plants Alex. :) Nice neps dude. :D Hey! I got myself a new nep grow chamber too...Infact, I am renovatting my entire setup. I'm making a new thread soon. :)

Back