Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my grow rack is finished!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the colored metal kind? I have two of those in my terrarium lol.

Ryan + Sara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does it matter where the red and the black wire go?? are the wires colour coded? I "remember" reading something like that....cut off the PC fan ...2 wires.....just join those to the 2 wires in the phone charger adapter. Is that it?

That's right .. just don't touch where the wires are connecting and plug it in .. if it works, then unplug and wrap duct tape around the connections (keep both wires seperate). If it doesn't work, try switching the wires (after unplugging, lol) and try again.

I had an adapter lying around that had different 'tips' you could add to it .. instead of adding a tip, i just shoved the wires inside the holes
    CPsinSC
    Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice on how to start an electrical fire

As for the T-5 shelf, you might be able to lower the shelf. The Neps don't like too much light and they'll have room to grow. The Sundews mighta just got shocked, depends on what type. Usually they eat up light like pancakes..
    What kinda Neps? Highlanders? Lowlanders? Intermediates?

Nice rack! My HL set-up is quite similar without those sexy T-5's....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Is it the colored metal kind? I have two of those in my terrarium lol.
    Yeah.

The fan is painted flat black. I'd have prefered the chrome version as it woulda matched the rack. (hehe...)

The shelf with the T5's is kinda high, I realize that but it puts out so much heat I'm rather concerned about it. It think it might actually be a convection oven.

Only the hearty VFT's can take the T5's so far, me thinks.......

My Sarrs, Dews, Neps and one near dead Ping get the second shelf with the four cooler T12 bulbs. I wonder if the small Sarrs could take the heat of the first shelf? I know they'd LOVE the greater light up there.

I've finally got around to feeding my VFT's live crickets that I bought from a pet store. What a weird experience; shopping for stupid bugs......

Also bought some frozen mosqito larve. (YUCK) These would okay to feed to tropical and North Americian pitchers wouldn't they? I hope so, 'cause I sure ain't gonna eat 'em.....
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not big news, but I just added a small two gallon humidifier to my grow rack.

By letting it run continuously I can get the humidity up to 65%.

Not something I'll use too much in the summer but a good thing to have during the dry winters in Michigan.

Does anyone else use humidifiers in their grow racks, green houses, terrariums etc ??
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more pots you get in their the more humid it will get. More reason to get MORE plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More plants you say...........Hmm...............

Okay. You're the boss dude. MORE PLANTS it is then!! (where are all my credit cards?)

(man, THAT was easy..........)

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sars should be able to take the light and heat with little or no problem at all. You may get a crispy hood or 2 on the existing pitchers, but as the new pitchers grow out they should have no problems. Same with the VFTs and even with a lot of Drosera species. The biggest trick is to have the patience to let it look like its about to die long enough for it to actually grow. Most people panic as soon as they see wilting or browning and immediately move the plants to a "safer" location.

Nice looking rack for sure.. now you need to post pics of it with plants in it.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast