Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: collecting rainwater

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's basically what I have been doing for over a year now. I would understand if the water was ponding on the roof and had opportunity to leach impurities, but a rainstorm normally passes through quickly enough that there aren't issues. It may not be a perfect approach, but it's easy, cheap, and effective, if you live where it rains frequently enough. And my observations are identical to that of elgecko's.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    solar stills are another method that is popular in the less developed parts of the world, they can range in size from tiny to large...

I use to give the boy scout merit badge in energy, part of my requirements was have the scouts build a solar oven, it will amaze ya how well this can work with only the most basic of materials

small demo size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the links to rainwater collecting and solar stills, av. those are very helpful.

i hate to ask the same question again, but elgeco/jim, what material is your roofing made of? because i think different roofs can be more/less harmful depending on what they're made of. mine is asphalt shingles, which is why i am more concerned about chemicals leaching. but if you two have asphalt shingles too, and no problems, maybe i will worry less about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12