What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Efficient Cooling System...

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I just bought a used 50 gallon tank, which I stuck all my helis, my Prolifera, highland Nep seeds, adelaes, and bladderworts in. I really need a way to cool these plants because they all love it cool and humid. I have another tank which uses water that circulates through a fridge and cools it off, but doing the same for this one would be ugly and expensive. I've heard of "peltiers". Could I use one with a fan blowing over it to cool off my tank? ??? Don't peltiers generate a lot of heat? Thanks for any comments. :-D

- Jeff

Okay a peltier sucks heat from one end and takes it to the other end simple you need on the hot side heat sink grease heat sink then fan. They take like 3 amps of power so you need a capable power adapter. For the fan you would use a cheap thrift store power adapter if the fan is rated at say 12 volts and 400 miliamps(.4 amps) you would want to find something like 12 volts and 300 miliamps or somehing around there. Any other questions shoot them at me :)

I think you'd need like.. many? They aren't big right?

I don't know how many peltier units you would need.

You can find surplus Peltier units that were used in hot/cold picnic coolers - bigger than CPU coolers.

Back