Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New pvc Greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson16 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. Everything is built from scratch. Had alot of help from my father who is very handy. I dunno about winter yet, I hope that the siding wont be brittle and crack. In the plans they used that polyurethane stuff but I knew I was going to replace it sometime in the future. Im thinking of heating it during the winter not sure. Forgot to put the price tag on all the materials, it came around $375(alot in those panels).
    Where did you get the plans? I would be interested in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres the link to the plans I used http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/plans/gable-plans.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you duckking, I havent checked the humidity level yet in there but when i spray the hose in there it gets very humid in there. Would a thing of water increase the humidity alot?
    Effectively, I think it won't increase a lot. but it's also a cheap way to keep humid.
    Auto watering system is the best! like this>link
    If you maintain high humidity, you will have very beautiful pitcher.

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link, thats something I would totally look into when I get an RO unit. The problem is I live in New York and the winters get pretty bad around here, im kind of thinking about heating it but I think its to small for any kind of heater. So...that kinda restricts what I can grow in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an air vent in it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link, thats something I would totally look into when I get an RO unit. The problem is I live in New York and the winters get pretty bad around here, im kind of thinking about heating it but I think its to small for any kind of heater. So...that kinda restricts what I can grow in there.
    Do you think it's pretty well insulated as far as greenhouses go, i.e. maintains temperature? I live in a place that doesn't quite get as cold, and only drops below freezing very occasionally during winter, and I want to grow Nepenthes. I would definitely want a heater, and am considering this design.

(From the looks of it, you replaced the Polyethylene Film Cover with something more heavy duty?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an air vent in it?
    Well I leave the door open wile the fan blows for ventilation, was wondering how I could make vents on the roof?
    Do you think it's pretty well insulated as far as greenhouses go, i.e. maintains temperature?
    Well all the siding and roofing is made out of that corrigated stuff that not even an inch thick, was thinking of putting up some foam insulation on the sides if I did heat it.

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did it take you and your Dad to assemble this? I'm thinking of using the plans myself and may ask my dad for help since he offered to help me with a greenhouse one day. Also, how stable is it for occassional high wind gusts in summer and winter storms around 45 mph? Are you happy with it overall and would you recommend this greenhouse to others?

Thanks,

V

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast