What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My window grow area

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
Some pics of my grow area.
windows.jpg

lgrack.jpg

neprack.jpg

greenhouse.jpg

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

peace,
Zero

A true plant nut after my own heart! My house is full of plants. More plants than people....
Peter.

Lights and sun. Can't go wrong there! Your aloe is huge!

xvart.

When I got that aloe it was about 4 in. across, now it's HUGE and getting bigger every day.
It's also variegated, which is neat. the coffea arabica and the aloe take up a lot of space.

east to sse I think.

where do you find those hanging pots like that? I can't find them anywhere...

CPsInAtl After looking in home depot, walmart, and Lowes for hanging pots, I tried a garden center greenhouse and finally found them.

Very nice!
Looks like you have a Magic Window as well. :-))

where do you find those hanging pots like that? I can't find them anywhere...

Up until very recently, I never could find any plastic hanging pots. By chance, I ended up going outside into the garden area of Home Depot one day and, lo and behold, there sat a display of cheap hanging pots, towards the end of the plastic pot section. I looked in the outside section of the Lowe's garden department and found them there too. I guess I had been looking inside or something. I think I ended up paying like 2 or 3 bucks for a couple of them.

Amazing! I wish I had a magic window :boogie:

:-D ohohoh~ that's really magic windows.
I found you had a very beautiful N.truncata.
thanks to your sharing. very well.

the neps look awesome!

Are those 2 coffe plants next to the aloe plant? I'm growing a few coffee plants next to my pings, they seem to enjoy the same conditions. Your plants look great, keep up the good work(is it really a magic window or are you just using fairy dust!).

NJnewbie, those are coffea arabica plants. I hope to harvest some beans in a year or two.
It took a while to get the watering down for the coffea arabica plants. for a long time the bottom leaves kept turning yellow and falling off. now they are growing fast.

in the 5th pic on the left....what is that? boschiana x truncata? (im horrible at guessing IDs)

phissionkorps, it's a maxima dark x truncata. It's still small.
I hope my neps, along with elgeckos and others will inspire more people to try neps in there
windows. A lot of neps are much more adaptable than most think. Sure I don't have 15 inch pitchures, and long leafs, but having more compact plants is better for me space wise and I still get to enjoy the beauty of them.
peace,
Zero

Wow, your plants are amazing :0o: ! Around how many hours of sunlight do you think they receive per day? Where did you find your stands?

trek623, I get around 5 hrs of direct sunlight a day, but not always on the plants. The left large stand was bought at Lowes, the middle stand is a bathroom stand given to me by a neighbor, the mini greenhouse was bought on ebay. the large stand and mini greenhouse have supplemental light from 4-10 pm.
peace,
Zero

Back