What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RO Filter?

• Thread starter rco911
  • Start date
Any one have any suggestions on where to get an RO filter? Im looking to set up an RO filter outdoors (don't know if the ones ive seen here and there are OK for outdoor use?) any suggestions anyone? Thanks! :-O

My filter is by Aqua-Safe. I purchased it off eBay; for some reason, Aqua-Safe asks considerably less than their normal price for the eBay listings. There's another good brand that's sold on eBay, but the name eludes me... if you use the forum search tool, I'm sure you'll be able to find other threads along these lines.
~Joe

I recently bought an RO unit from SoumiKnight Systems on Ebay. It came recommended from another forum member, Zero, I think. It took it a while (several weeks?) to get here because of supplier issues. It just got here yesterday and I haven't had a chance to get it hooked up yet.

I thought it was a great price, it's a 100 gpd with 5 stage filter, a permeate pump, a 4 gallon storage tank, and a faucet adapter where you can use it under the sink for drinking water. It was $200 including shipping. I talked to the seller on the phone a couple of times so he could advise me on what would best meet my needs. They've got really good customer service... Easy to get in touch with the guy and super-helpful...

Will

Thanks guys!!! I will check those people out on ebay.

My thing is that its outdoors... to hook up to the garden hose. I think it should be ok, maybe if i keep it covered or something outdoors, eh? Do RO filters need electricity to function? Im totally lost when it comes to RO since this will be my first time buying/using one. My plants are OK on tap, its been 3 years, and they seem fine, BUT i want to give my plants the absolute very best i can!!

Last edited:
Back