Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my Grow Chamber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics of my Grow Chamber

Here is a couple of pics of a grow chamber for lowland nepenthes that I just finished. It is 3' wide x 5' long x 4' tall. It is made of 3/4" plywood on all sides, except the front and top of course. I stained and polyurethaned the plywood and then put mylar and plastic all in the inside except on the top. I think that I should have put the mylar on the outside but will change it when the plastic gets old. It was truly a "labor of love". I put plexiglass on the top and it has two pieces of glass on the front in a channel that slide. I just haven't put the handles on yet! Here is the pics:

I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks amazing! I can't wait to see how well the plants turn out! You will have to post pictures when you get the plants in there!

What are your plans for lighting and keeping the humidity up?

By the way-- the sarracenias and sundew are doing wonderfully!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

Soon when those Neps I told you about establish, we could trade!
    Max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I have 3 light units with 2 bulbs each so there is 6 lights altogether. Cool white and kitchen and bath bulbs. As far as humidity, it should be no problem as it is pretty air tight when the glass on the front is closed. I would think that the humidity will be very high. I will give it a trial run before any plants go in of course! Trek, I am very glad to hear about the plants I sent, keep it up. And Max, I look forward to a trade when they establish!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Ryan + Sara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice

My highland area in the basement is completely full (5' x 4'), so I'm starting construction on a giant version of something like what you made. I'm just not quite sure what to do for the door - it's going to be a walk-in I've seen some people use magnets or velcro. Since I don't need it to be completely sealed, I was thinking about having one wall be two overlapping sheets of plastic. I've seen one picture of something like this, 7'x7' I believe.
    Do any of you have something bigger I could see a picture of? I'm thinking about building it 15' x 25'
    CPsinSC
    Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see pics of it. I actually have built a larger chamber too! It is in an L shape and is 8' x 8'. I will post a couple of pics of it when I get completely done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it! It looks like you have some nice supports on top from which baskets of cascading nepenthes may hang.

What about ventilation?

Can't wait to see the plants in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I finally got time to post some updated pics of the upgraded chamber. Now it is in an "L" shape and measures 3' wide x 5' long on one end and 8' long on the other x 44" high.

Grow Chamber

Left Side

Right Side

A few plants: N. Muluensis x Lowii (Front left), Inermis x Bongso (Front right), Ramispina (Back Left), Mikei (Back right)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast