What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

great results with Coco Coir

losfreddy

Composter
Just thought i'd say, currently growing Virgina Tobacco. On some pots, the mix was Vermiculite/ compost. On a terrarium I made, the mix was more then half Coir and the rest Compost. Dispite being younger, the plants growin in the Coir are much more flush green and healthier then the ones in the pots. Coir seems like a good bet for getting seedlings going. Post pics when they are larger :p

sounds interesting!

but doesn't coir contain a lot of salts though? that isn't too good for cp's. However, I know BE grows their plants in a coir based media though with heavy cleaning first.

FWIW,

I use it on my cephs with no heavy cleaning (and love it), but it may be a "good" brand, that I dunno... I just got whatever the local hydro shop sells

(and sorry but I dont remember the brand... came in a compressed brick form and it is more then I will use for a long time)

Cheers'
Av

I don't Think it has salt. I get mine at the Pet store. It is called Eco-Earth and used as reptile bedding. Holds water great :bigthumpup:

p_261602_15848.jpg

Back