User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first terrarium(Dial up users beware!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think your plants need more light. A lot more. That looks like only 15 watts. A ten gallon is hard to work with unless you have several, so then you can have a few 4 foot shop lights over them. Take the lid off, and then you can take out the fan, and then you don't have to take time to wire it up.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosera36 View Post
    I really think your plants need more light. A lot more. That looks like only 15 watts. A ten gallon is hard to work with unless you have several, so then you can have a few 4 foot shop lights over them. Take the lid off, and then you can take out the fan, and then you don't have to take time to wire it up.
    It is already wired upa nd all I am growing in their are adelae's they seem to like ti alot,I am going to make another one of these and I will consider getting stronger lighting.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ya got D. adelae down pat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my guy is FINNALLY making leafs it has been months the neps are growing much faster I will finnally get my first leaf. Maybe they got stressed from barerooting ? I have 2 fixtures just like yours but I am instead gowing to use compact flourscent lights that put out 100 wat equivalant and will use 3 for my 10 gallon tank. I may use 1 of those small fixtures just like you have with my 3 compact warm flourscent lights. I am almost done other than I need 1 more socket to wire,some reflecters and mylar. I am going to get a fan by going to the thrift shop then buying a really cheap computer then pop that open for 2 fans. For the compact lights they will stick out of the wood top so I will have to make a box to hide the reflecters and cording (my mom is estetics,she buys nice pottery for my windowsill cps )

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, here's ar old pics that should have some familiarity about it:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12