Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usefulness of shower curtains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch for the replies. I think maybe I'll just put the plastic stuff in the front and back, and leave the sides open. Or just one side open. Would this still create a noticeable amount of humidity? Or would it just leak out the sides?

Clint, is that the N. fusca "Sarawak" I gave you a while ago in the back? If it is, it got pretty freakin huge.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben I put two vinal shower curtains around my highland shelf and with the ultrasonic humidifier in there the humidity raised atleast 15%. I would recommend it, only $6 for the two shower curtains and some zip ties your set.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, is that the N. fusca "Sarawak" I gave you a while ago in the back? If it is, it got pretty freakin huge.
    You just made my day, man. Lol, No that's a completely different plant lmao. Did you think I was giving it steroids? Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Schloaty,
    I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    You just made my day, man. Lol, No that's a completely different plant lmao. Did you think I was giving it steroids? Lol.
    Lol I have no idea. I just thought "holy crap".

Jayson, do you have any problems with heat? I'm using only one 4' fixture on my nep shelf right now, so it really can't get that hot. Plus any extra heat can leave through the shelf on top of it.

Here's something I just looked up; maybe it could be of use.

But does higher humidity actually help at all? I mean they're still growing and everything, but my N. fusca "Sarawak" has pitchers that don't last as long as they used to when it was in a terrarium, and I'm not sure if the extra humidity is what helped. Lol, mostly I just want my plants to look more prettay. Also, if it does end up heating it too much, I could take that down, and then the next shelf down, I could grow like lowland neps and more tropical plants, like Byblis or something.

But what also makes me kinda iffy is like people have successfully grown Byblis liniflora on their windowsill, and a windowsill has about the same humidity as my growshelf, so that's why I'm not even sure if these shower curtains will help.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the humidifier I got from Kmart is made by windchaser, no problems yet. I really have no problem with heat and the bottom and top of the shelf is coverd up. Im sure some stuff will change in higher humidity so it cant hurt. If you do have heat problems just open up one sides. Its about a constant 73F and 65%humidity with it shut up, I would deff recommend it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12