Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lighting Question

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used them. They are fabulous. BUT I got an off brand to save cash, and it burned out and doesn't work anymore. It's in the basement right now. I was stupid and didn't research my purchase first and wasted money.

But while it did work, it was nice. Some of the lights can accept either a 50 (I think it's 50) OR a 65 watt lamp. Measure first because while mine would run a 65 watt lamp, the 65 watt lamp did not physically fit in the unit when I got it.

If you have an aquarium that is 30 inches long, it makes sense to get a light that is 30 inches long If you can afford a dual lamp fixture, get that.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you mean and I totally agree, Sensei. I totally need something that is the most effective for the size and considering I am having issues with plant colour and infact as bad as pitchering. So....for a small size: 2 feet. Is there something you can suggest me Av?? lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod.../7/product.web

that comes with the 65 watt light bulbs,

but it says its 31" long. That wont fit on my 30" Tank will it?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see 31 inches. I see 30 inches long, 2.5 inches tall, 7.25 inches wide. Even if it was 31 inches long, so what? Who cares about a half inch hanging off both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am going to move my binatas,capensis,anglica,drosera coming and other drosera into my 55 soon,the lights are GE aqurium(my dad said he'd pay for the extra costs,I wanted the general use ones) so if I make the drosera 6 inches from the light(4 foot 2 tubes 80 watts total) since the GE plant & Aquarium are catered torwards plants(more PAR right ?) I should be able to keep my drosera colourful and happy right ? IF possible I'll try to fit another smaller 1 tube 4 footer then i'll have 2 GE plant & aquarium and a reddish general use for coloration'(do i even need that for better color?) My drosera a multiplying soo fast they need room.......
    Whats in the tank right now are like a lot of neps so they need to go into my closet(on a shelf) and keep them going using cfls since the spaces are 2X2 per shelf,should I use 2 per shelf or one ? Or do you have a suggestion ? Since it is a closet they will be humid like the tank,the closet is small so it will be warmer for the intermediats(CFLS;the warm colored ones heat the closet up,they grow my lettuce and drosera in the 10 gallon)
    I greatly apreciate the help;I am sorta lighting newbie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123