What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lego mini mini bog with pic

johnnyfrye

I like drosera.
I just finished my lego mini mini bog, and it has one ping and a baby spatulata in it. It is coated in water proof stuff so no water can leak out of it, and it is cool. Here is a pic:

ping_1.jpg

I have to try that! I have lego pillars on my growshelf, but its nothing compared to your lego mini bog! Good thing I'm getting into sarrs again. :-O
Before I do though, are you absolutely certain that their are no toxins in the plastic or lego paint?

ok on the cpuk thread you talked about htis and I said you can enter it in there ugliest
planter competition,well I'm sorry I thought you meant diffrent colors of legos.
it doest look bad when only one color.

omg! its genious!! we have so many legos....i could build something really cool!!

Alex

Thanks guys!:-D And I don't know if there are any toxins, but I doubt it because these are sold to a lot of kids. And the paint? Hmmm... I don't think the plants are coming into contact with the paint, because the baby spatulata has tiny roots and the ping almost nonexistent ones. But I'll have to look into that....

legos arent painted they are the color of the block...the normal blocks are anyways.
Alex

Did you wrap the whole thing in like shrinkwrap or something? It looks like it's all sealed somehow. Thanks for the idea :) I got a 21" monitor box full of legos from when I was a kid. Probably $8000 or so in Sets. I was a huge lego fan growing up.

Cool Idea. I was thinking about using legos or something similar as a potting media to help add air to a potting mix.

You might want to drain, and flush it out with fresh water every now and then. Did you design the bog so you can remove a lego for drainage?

Cool Idea. I was thinking about using legos or something similar as a potting media to help add air to a potting mix.

lol. It's so crazy it just might work! Eureka.

xvart.

Cool!! I could buy like a thousand or so legos from ebay for a few minibogs then fuse them together using a multipurpose plastic cement that will melt them then let it gass off for a few days. Tbhat would make it all water proof :D
The cement would be multipurpose piping abs,cvc and pvc cement.
The stuff stinks like well it is nasty stuff but a if you build it with that stuf dbetween each briock you could make lego bogs. Then I'd wait 2 weeks for it to ir out in the garage.

You could always try using aquarium grade black silicone sealant. It's non-toxic, waterproof, and would not look nasty over time like the clear stuff. (plus it only smells like vinegar.... which i guess is pretty nasty but I imagine not as toxic as the cement stuff)

Very cool idea btw :). Thanks for sharing =).

Next step...lego lowland nep terrarium??

Back