What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no air circulation

My ventrata and miranda have not made an pitchers ever since i moved them inside for the winter. To counter act the 40% humidity i bought a bunch of shelving, wrapped some plastic sheeting around it to keep humidity high and stuck a humidifier on the bottom shelf and my plants above it. Since the humidity in my house is very low, i have to keep the plastic covers on but that restricts airflow. What are the consequences of lack of air circulation?

Nothing of mine is pitchering this winter either-blame it on the light.

Are yours at the window or under lights? Lots of people around here speak of low humidity and do well with their plants. I don't think that that sounds all that low.

If you are concerned, how about a small room humidifier?

dude.....ventrata will pitcher in 15% humidity......ive done it.....give it more light

It just needs a longer photoperiod than what is shining through yon window.

The consequences of a lack of air circulation is that mold and/or fungus can develop.

i have the plants on the brightest windowsill in my house and i'm too cheap to buy lights. I was thinking of getting a humidifier for my room, but whenver my room gets humid, mold starts to grow:-(. Would putting a small cpu near the plants help get the proper air circulation?

Add bacteriostat chemicals to the humidifier water. It could help with mold, although if the rooms gets moldy in regular humidity, there is probably a larger problem at hand.

Back