User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time making a minibog need a little help.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would simply keep the D. binata at a window sill for the winter. It will be drawing heat fom the room and coldness from the outside, as well as respond to the change of photoperiod. Works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The garage is attached to the house there's a window on the door to the outside so it'd get some sun.

I decided to keep the D.binata as a house plant so far it looks good I put it in a tray of distilled water at a south window and I'll probably put it outside once it's warmer out also I was wondering are pitcher plants pretty tolerant of wind and rain or will it break or get bent from it?

The forcast tonight has rain and Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph so I'm wondering will it be ok or should I bring the bog inside for the night and put it out in the morning?

Thanks again for the advice I have pictures of the binata and the bog so I'll post pictures of it tommarow or so since it usually takes awhile since I have dial-up right now. =\

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having tall, thin leaves, they will get blown around. But you can by these mini-trellises to stabilize them, or do something creative to keep them in place better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave mine I just made outside. It gets down into the 30's still but it's free water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far things have been great the mini bog turning out pretty nice and there's finally a few days of decent weather.

I just ordered a N.Sanguinea orange and a Sarracenia purpurea subsp. venosa from flytrapshop.com so I'll be all set on plants for some time..

I never ordered a bare root plant before so I'm wondering what's the best way to plant the sarracenia purpurea how much should go into the ground?

I've been looking at other people's pitchers, but I'm still not sure.

The N.sanguinea should do ok at a south window and would it need to be in a terrarium or just as a window plant?

Thanks alot for the help once everythings complete I'll show pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bluebird, thanks for bringing this thread back. I would never have seen all this great info if you hadn't. I was having issues debating with building a permanent bog outside and that would take tons of work. This gave me tons of great ideas for an alternative to that problem. could it be considered for a sticky?
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

Happy Growing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123