Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Great primer on plant lights

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great primer on plant lights

Over the years I have read many webpages, forum postings and tek articles concerning plant lights. This one is by far the cream of the crop IMHO. There is more useful and easy to understand info here then in 10 typical webpages on the subject

(The numerical data is primarily focused on fluorescent, but the information applies to all forms of lighting)

Plant Lighting

(If it has been posted before, then my apologies to the original author, I did do a search and found no such posting)

Enjoy,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting that Av8tor. Very good info even though a lot of it is over my head!
    I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YW Bucky..

Please note the date, a lot of new bulbs and the newer T5/HO format have now entered the market in greater numbers.

However, in North America we still do not have near the bulb selection that UK and Europe has..

Basically it verifies a lot of the statements that have been made here lately concerning Lumen vs. Par vs. Pur and the need for proper spectral performance.

As shown, there is a great diff from one bulb to the next, while most are adaquate... research and proper selection can make a significant difference in overall plant growth efficiency

the only thing missing that would be nice is an evaluation of fixture design (ballast and reflector) and format (T12, T8, T5... etc)

Av

PS dont forget to have a squizz at his small article on spectral plots