What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey there, just wanted show everyone my little setup I got going on. I had a friend build this box for me. I wish I would have seen the gorilla rack set up before I started this. I started with a nice Sunsystem T5-4 bulb set up, 2 daylight and 2 flower bulbs. It just got to hot in there and the Dayton axial fan (105 CFM) exit fan just was not cutting it. So I sold the T5 unit and went with 2 regular shop lights total of 4 bulbs 40w each so a total of 160w. This works well the box stays between 65-72 and the moisture is between 40-45%. I just added a small desk fan in there to move air around. The box is 55 1/2" wide 23 1/2" deep and 45 1/2" tall. The space between the light and the shelf is about 30 1/2". It has the dayton fan for an exit with a dish scrub pad for a filter and 2 1" vent holes on the bottom same side as the exit fan. I have had good luck with this setup although my plants only pitcher like one at a time but I just need a little more research and I should have it down. I also have a few out door plants at my wifes parents house (Darlingtonia californica, a few different fly traps, northern dewthread and a white top sarracenia) so for now I post a few pic's of what I got going on. Hope everyone likes. If you have any suggestions fire away.
DSC00286.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

NVentricosa.jpg

NSpectablis.jpg
DSC00060.jpg

NGymnaphoraXIzumiae1-1.jpg
DSC00287.jpg

All the plants look great! Cool looking pot of dews and nice looking young helis! Did you grow the helis from seed?

I got the Heli when it was very small I have had it for about 3 years now. That picture is the first I guess you can call it an adult pitcher. I just re potted it so we shall see how it goes.

Looking nice and aesthetic!

Back