Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 gal. fish tank hood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 gal. fish tank hood

Hello everyone, I have a 10 gal. tank and was going to have a buddy build a hood for it. I need it to be taller so I don't lose any grow space. Anyone have a nice photo or diagrams of a good hood setup? I want to use 2 Compact Fluorescent bulb's not the tube lights, and if someone knows some good lights to use that would be helpful. The hood will be made from wood with 2 small vent holes might even use a small fan on one of the holes. I guess basically I want to build a highland tank. Thanks in advance for the input.

Good growing
    Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow 40 plus views and no one has some new ideas. I have looked at different posts on this for long periods of time. I did find some useful ideas, I am going to use the same fan idea as D_muscipula thanks man. By the way I think I meant the wrong low/high land. This is going to be a lowland tank. Sorry for the confusion. So I have my buddy building the hood and I have another question.

The n vision fluorescent Soft white bulbs are the same as cool white? or should I go with their Daylight bulb?

Thanks in advance!
    Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By needing it to be taller for grow space, do you mean that you do not want it inside or you want to add grow space above and beyond the confines of the tank? Is just laying a piece of glass over the top not an option? You can get those silver clamp on work lights (often sold for much much more as "reptile lights" or something at pet stores) and lay them on top. I have two of those fixtures clamped on the rim of a tank and the plants inside are finally starting to form pitchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well for a fish tnak hood I can't help you but I can help for a terrarium hood I have diagrams and stuff like this.

OMg I just found this pic its like of when I started growing cp's last summer.
    I have about 6 pots of adelae like 4 drosera indica and a prolifera and a nepenthes hamata inside and I still have room for 2 more four inch pots.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry here is that last pic i said I ahd found
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, DM.

The rectifier in your setup is redundant. Your wall transformer is already outputting DC and has one built into it.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for another post, but also think about stuffing some washers or something called a 'standoff' like this under your fan.

It looks like you have it screwed directly flush with the wood. If you do that the fan can't 'suck' anything from behind it, labors a lot, doesn't move any air and can burn out over time. You can find these at almost any hardware store, but you gotta look in those trays above screws and bolts. And like I said, it wouldn't take much just a little extra space. Heck, you could also probably loosen the screw just a bit and have it hang loose just a little bit and it'd be fine.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...274&variation=
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a standard top will do. I'm using 2, GE 100watt CFL 6500K from WalMart in mine.
    I did line it with aluminum foil. I rarly use the computer fan, bit it's wired direct to a 9VDC
    power supply that came from a phone charger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast