Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New LGM-5 plant light (LED)

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Av8tor1, do you have any idea how the LED's you're testing would stack up against these. I'm wondering specificly about the 225 LED pannel light. How many LED's are in your lamp bar and is there a differance in intensity?
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Av,

How long have those hot-pink UFO's been landing in your room?? Next time, get more pics of them.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thbjr, I counted 38 diodes on the first cluster, so that would be 190 LED's on his bar. Assuming his diodes are as good as that panel's, the panel only offers an extra 35 diodes, or just less than one extra cluster. The panel's diodes are more spread out, so that would seem to me that it would offer move even lighting, but then again those panels are REALLY cheap so that sends up a red flag to me. The L.E.D. UFO looks awesome, but it sure does look expensive!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thbjr,

I dont have a clue how they would compare... there would just be too many unknown variables...

Clint, I believe this particular unit retails for the mid $200 range, I have found an ad for it on youtube.. just go to youtube and search for the model number, it brought it right up for me.

Im just as curious as everyone else...spring break is coming up, I will endeavor to decide then on what and how I will run my test, I've got 45+ midterms to give and grade over the next 2 weeks.. so right now my free time is almost non existant... the light is still sitting in on a table in my livingroom

Av

hehehe i thougt it looked like a scene from star trek myself LOL

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with it B! I understand the various aspects of PAR and the aspect of the LED targeting that range. However, its just not my kind of thing as it leaves the hobby to a more "SCIENTIFIC ARTIFICIAL GROWTH CHAMBER" setting. Part of the satisfaction of this hobby is walking into your grow room or for me turning my head to the right and looking at the plants in FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT and being dazed in awe in their beauty. My point is that in a visual sense...it leaves the setting very very unappealing. Basically meaning you need a second set of lights or a table lamp to look at your plants in natural light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thbjr View Post
    Av8tor1, do you have any idea how the LED's you're testing would stack up against these. I'm wondering specificly about the 225 LED pannel light. How many LED's are in your lamp bar and is there a differance in intensity?
    Tom

Do not buy those panels, those I what I used. Though well made, they are not upto the job at all. I had two of those covering a space of 2ft long and 18inches wide.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thbjr,

I just looked at that company's 4 bulb T5 unit, notice that the reflector is just a polished flat panel....(cheap crap in other words)

that alone would make me doubt their quality standards...

careful mate... caveat emptor

Varun, I agree with ya. I think in the long run we will eventually see broad spectrum white LED's being used... but that is a ways off yet, for now I think the big thing would be using a bar like this as a suppliment to fluorescent... but with the green and yellow being used... it may be aesthetically pleasing now, I just dunno yet

Av

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12