What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Terrarium!

maybe you could get some very cheap glass then line the bottom with glass ?

I could but it would be hard casue the tank is bigger that the glasss panels ant the hardware store.

I might try some drylock or caulk the gaps.

I have a design floating around in my head for a terrarium that I want to build and I am thinking of splurging and getting mirrored glass for the bottom and at least some sides since they just get covered with reflective stuff anyway. Perhaps you could get a piece of mirror custom cut to fit the bottom to protect the wood and boost the light?

good idea,but I dont thinkt he hardware store has glass panels this size,they're to small and trimming wouldn't help.
I wonder if they have mirrors at the harware store. :scratch:
I could use silicone if it adheres to wood.

Lucky! My mom doesn't like me having a terrarium with my Drosera aliciae, soon to be filled with a nepenthes, Drosera capensis, and a pinguicula. But I need help! I can only get the humidity to 60%-65%. Any advice?

How much do you want? I'm holding a steady 75% and the lowland neps are just fine with it. I have a glass top shifted a half and inch or so to leave one side open and that's it. The water in the trays and that spill onto the bottom are enough to keep it around 75%. Which neps are you hoping to fill it with? You may not need any more humidity.

Back