User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LSSC Biological Series Seminar selected files (Real Player files)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSSC Biological Series Seminar selected files (Real Player files)

April 27, 2005 -- Development of a reconfigurable LED system to reduce equivalent system mass in an ALS
    + View Video

March 24, 2005 -- Advanced Life Support Concepts: Plants in Spacecraft Environments
    + View Video

October 7, 2004 -- Plant Production: Design Fulcrum for Water, Carbon, and Nitrogen Processing in Closed Life Support Systems
    + View Video

enjoy,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having trouble you see I have windows media player.
    wont play the video file with that extension and I am feeling too lazy to download real player.
    I really would like to see them though,thanks for sharing.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend watching the LED movie. It's fascinating.

I went to the orbitec website, and the panel of LED's they have looks awesome. I wonder what enormous amount it must cost. The presenter in the video said these technologies are being developed for the future, around 2030, so I wonder if awesome LED systems like the one displayed on Orbitec's website will be commercially available by then. Maybe they'll be better, cheaper, cooler.

I wonder how advanced they'll be in 22 years. If what you said it true, and they double in power every 18-24 months, that's a minimum of 1 x 10^22 increase of power, if my math was right (100%^11). I wonder if they'll be used residentially and as commercial lighting by that time. It's a really exciting time for plant horticulture, and these LED's look really cool.

10^22 is a big deal. It's 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 increase in power, if my math was right. That's ten sextillion percent!