Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a Terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Making a Terrarium

Ok, so i am making a new terraium and would like if anyone or everyone that has one to post the pics of the ones they have. Also if you have the instructions on how to make it that could come in happy i think i would like to grow my cephs and neps in there if that would help....

Thanks in advance,

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DIY tank or boughten aquarium style?
    what nepenthes do you want to grow and what size tank are you thinking.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer a DIY tank because me and my father would like to do some father sone bonding, so you know. If that helps at all

Are you near corvallis <-----where i live. Just wondering if you dont feel comfortable you dont have to answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo many people look at this post yet none reply :'(. i wanna cry... oh wait i am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in Salem,Oregon a bit of a drive but not a long one.
    well for a DIY tank they are not very cost efficient depending on materials and the size you are looking at over 100$
    but if you want to do a diy tank they are great I would go with a four foot tank you can use plexiglass for the sides if you want and doors are great if you want to access your plants easily.
    I used this guide to build my tank.
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...lass-tank.html
    then after that you can frame it out in wood and get all fancy,here is some pictures of when we built my tank.
    oh and the reason to go with a four foot it 3 foot fixtures are hard to find.
    you want to make your tank wide not tall,the closer the plants are to the light the better and they should have four foot shop lights prewired at home depot for 8-9$ but its not on their website.
    Remind me tomorow and I will show you some photos but as for right now I am going to bed,goodluck.
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, ok i like it... but i would prefer a terrarium with a two front "doors" (for lack of a better word).... so that i could have more direct access to the plants. But thanks i will take this into consideration

-Flash
    Last edited by bianchi914; 03-24-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: incomplete message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes you can customize it to have two front doors.

I would use plexiglass for the door and use magnetic latches and glass hinges,It's all at home depot!
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm... ok i like it the only problem is that terrarium of your looks like it is going to warp like a black hole ... yes that is a good analogy i know.... no offense. If anyone has more ideas PLEASE POST IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL.

You have given me alot of ideas man thanks, i would just like more ideas i am very visual so it could really help me out thanks to anyone that helps

-Flash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast