Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Growing Pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indoor Growing Pic

Hi guys,

For a while now i have been looking around looking under the search now and trying to find pictures of all the groww racks and terrariums. It starts to get a little anoying and was thinking it would be nice if there was a compilalaiton of picture of all the people indoor grow racks, terrariums, etc. This would help me and others wanting to build indoor systemsw out, at least if you could post pictures of your Grow Racks and Terrariums, or anythuing else you use to grow plants in side.

Please include this info (if you can):
    -Picture of what you use for growing
    -Plants you grow in/on your 'thing'
    -What type of plants it works for (higland, lowland, etc)
    - If you know relatice temp and humidity that would help
    - And than rate it on a 1-10(doesn't work-great) scale on how good it works

Thanks to everyone who can contribute to this Thread im sure it will help for anyone planning on making a indoor growing system to see ideas on what they can do.

-Ryan
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sundews, pings, neps, and others

sundews, pings, and cephs

Neps

ghetto lowland tank

For the tanks they have day temps of 70-80F and 50-60F night temps, with 70-80% humidity. For the lowland tank the day temps are 90-100F and 70-80F night temps. And for the stuff under the shoplight they are at room temp (60-70F day 50-60F night) with 50%+ humidity. Id give my setups about a 7.
    Max

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a really good grow shelf sticky. I know several people on here have modeled their grow shelves after this.

I bought one of those standard 4' wide, 5 tier shelfs from Lowes. I use four T12 4' bulbs on each shelf. I'm not sure what the temperature range is; it's whatever they use in the maintenance closet where I live. Philips something-or-other.

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi914 View Post
    -Plants you grow in/on your 'thing'
    These days I mainly grow Nepenthes. I have recently started to downsize my collection of plants so I'm not growing as much as I used to. I have grown Dionaea, Pinguicula, and some Utricularia. Mostly plants with common easy to provide room conditions.

-What type of plants it works for (higland, lowland, etc)
    Mine is definately not for lowlanders as I have no outside temperature controls. The room fluctuates with the outside temps; and the room my shelf is in is very unstable.

- If you know relatice temp and humidity that would help
    Hmmm... not sure about temps, but humidity during the summer was between 45% and 60%. During the winter it has been between 20% and too low to read on my hydrometer. Once it gets nicer I plan to get new batteries for my thermometer/hydrometer (they were taken for a TV remote).

- And than rate it on a 1-10(doesn't work-great) scale on how good it works
    For what I currently grow, I'd say about a "8." Although, it would definately need some more work/improvements if I wanted to expand to some more "touchy" Nepenthes. I had a N. aristolochioides that kicked the bucket but I'd like to believe it was because of the wild weather this winter and the lack of temperature control in my apartment and not a direct result of the conditions provided by the grow shelf.

-Picture of what you use for growing
    Here is a picture of my downsized grow shelf. The overhead light is burnt out so the lighting isn't too good.

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-13-2008 at 07:51 PM.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am growing nepenthes ventricosa, nepenthes sanguinea, nepenthes spectabilis, nepenthes truncata highland, nepenthes 'gothica' (sibuyanensis x maxima) and nepenthes ventricosa x maxima.
    some of them are acclimating but the truncata and the nepenthes spectabilis are acclimated.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi here is my current 10gallon terrarium.

I grow sundews on in this setup. On a scale from 1-10 i would say about a 7. I have adalea, binata, madagascariencis, and cepensis growing in it right now... they seem to be doing fine

-Ryan
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since Bianchi and a couple other people have asked me where I'm stuffing my plants these days, I figured I'd post an updated photo. I have 3 other 20 gallon high tanks (and a shelf outside), but these are my main tanks - The one in the upper left hand corner is a lowland tank, while the other 3 are H/L:

My conditions are typically (for the 3 H/L tanks):
    Daytime: 75-85F Temp 60-75% Humidity
    Nighttime: 60-65F Temp 90+% Humidity

This system works OK for me, but my next place I am hoping to build a greenhouse. I only grow Neps and Cephs in these tanks, but I have 1 Sarracenia, 2 VFTs, and 3 Sundews outside along with some other Neps. Admittedly, I do neglect them though because I'm mainly interested in Nepenthes.
    - Daniel

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! fantastic setup there Daniel. I am planning on making a single tank style setup 4 feet by 2 feet by 3 foot tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my setup:

My setup is made in an L shape and I grow mainly nepenthes in it with the exception of one drosera and one VFT. One side is for lowlanders with a heater below it and the other is for highlanders with an intermediate section in the middle. I run a humidifier in the chamber for 12 hours each day and this setup works really well for me. The grow chamber measures 3'w x 40"h x 5' l on one side and the other side measures 3'w x 40"h x 8'l. Temps are 80-85 highs and 62-66 lows. Humidity during the day is between 60-70% and nights are 95-100%. I would give my setup a 7-8. How can I give it any higher than that after seeing Capslock's setup on the Nepenthes forum!!!! Philcula has a great setup as well.
    I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast