What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most nepenthes species will outgrow any terrarium with time, and if you can't grow outdoors this is your best option. I imagine it's easier to heat/cool that room than the whole house or one terrarium, especially if you use really good insulation then if it gets warmer outside it will be like a thermos and it would be like 70-80F instead of like 85-90F but then you might have to heat it in the morning and cool it at night. I'd design a house to have extra rooms not for storage but for plants.
I can see a 8x12 lowland room with bathroom grade drywall, the bathroom stuff is use to more humidity since people take showers and the mirrors fog up, should help prevent mold or other problems.
Very nice

o my.................
very cool setup!

Wow, I have a new goal when I get my own place. Absolutely gorgeous.

Phil

Shangri-La comes to mind

very, very nice,
Av

wow that's so cool it's accesible from under your deck, hey you should like make it a tourist attraction, charge like a 5.00 entry fee.
if I was in town I would stop by!

wow that's so cool it's accesible from under your deck, hey you should like make it a tourist attraction, charge like a 5.00 entry fee.
if I was in town I would stop by!

Fantastic grow room. So, it this a 'tool shed' type room? Not a bad idea to hide it under your deck. Someday, when I can finally get done renting and buy a house, I hope to have such a room.

BTW - PICS OF THE RAMISPINA! :poke:

Any time soon someone is going to say "this room looks aweful! Go get a greenhouse!", and you should!

Any time soon someone is going to say "this room looks aweful! Go get a greenhouse!", and you should!

Now I'm not sure what part of town Max lives in, but owning a greenhouse in SF could be a little difficult. And why would you when you produce Nepenthes like he does!

I do have a question, though: Does all the moisture in the air do anything to your room structure and "facility"?

xvart.

That's a gorgeous grow room. How much was it total w/ everything inside?

That's a gorgeous grow room. How much was it total w/ everything inside?

now everones going to be disappointed I bet he has hundreds of $ in plants and then T5 fixtures are pretty expensive and those chrome shelfs his plants are on aren't really cheap either...
I doubt he could tell you unless he kept like a Microsoft Excel Document or something.
What's a rough estimate of the cost of the room like all the shelfs and lights not including plants?

Incredible! So, how much does it cost to run all them lights. I sure hope no coppers ever stumble upon your grow room!

Back