Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My growroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My growroom

Hey, descriptive photos of my growroom have been requested, and I thought I'd post the photos here for future reference. I grow in a basement room, which has a small window and is accessible from below my deck. In the summer, I put a fan in the window blowing in at night so it cools down enough:

Here I've opened the door and am looking in. As you can see, it's not that big a room, about 7 x 10 feet. I've put three racks in - the kind you can buy at Costco for about $70. They are taller racks, but I've removed the top portion where I used to hang the lighting fixtures, and hung the T5 4-bulb 48" fixtures directly from the ceiling. I've also obviously wallpapered the whole room with mylar for maximum light reflection.

This is kind of a bad photo, but here is a closeup of the light fixture hanging from hooks I put into the ceiling. There's also a little fan that's always running blowing air around the room.

I've squeezed some plants into the corner where the racks leave a space, because, well, I can get more in that way! I put some supplemental shop lamps pointed into the corner. This is where the tall ones go.

Here you can see the various fixtures plugged into a power strip hanging from the side of the rack. This is the part of the arrangement I'm least pleased with. It's sloppy. Oh, that's N. veitchii x lowii!

The power strip is plugged into a timer on the wall:

We've had a dry winter and spring, so I've been running a humidifier while it's been dry:

And that's about it. There's a door going to the rest of the garage/basement. If it gets real hot, I close the window and open the door to the always-cool basement on the inside. With various opening and closing, I can regulate the temperature roughly into a decent highland condition. It's not perfect, but I can grow the majority of nepenthes, drosera, or whatever this way.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY nice Max. I am always amazed at your plethora of plants, and to see them in all their glory like this is just wonderful. I have been wondering what your grow room looks like, and to my delight you have shared with us. Thank you, and keep up with the great picture sharing. Oh yeah... how many light fixtures do you have, and how many are T5s? Is your electric bill through the roof?

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Droooooool
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn nice set up there! Can't wait till I can dedicate a whole room to my cp's. Thanks for sharing, now we all know how you get those wonderful pitchers.

Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intense! I can only imagine how much time you must dedicate to watering and maintenance...

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn! now thats the way the experts do it. WOW!! thats just paradise right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!! your lil' slice of heaven right there. Is your electric bill pretty high I wonder?

Anyway bro, that is one great set up you got there. Friqin awesome man.

Rob

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior Nitecrawler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...just...wow.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast