Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grow Rack, WARNING lots of images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rack Crissytal.

You have two racks? That's a lot of up-keep. My one keeps me pretty busy.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set-up. Get some mylar on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing! Btw, I have that same hydrometer with the little frog XD.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    billylh, Jim, Fryster, JMurphy97, Capensis

Thanks for the compliments!

billylh that's a good idea. I'd be able to use that in one sheet instead of having to layer the newspaper. It would make things much easier to clean up. The dirt/plant parts has a tendency to get into every layer of the newspaper making it not fun to clean up.

Jim,

I think over half of my collection came from you!

Fryster,

I do have two racks. It's not too much up-keep. I just have to set aside enough time every couple of days to check over things and water them. The second rack (the green on with plastic) is getting ready to go outside. It's not nearly as large as my other rack. We're in the process of having a privacy fence put up as well as having a section enclosed off the back of the house (with another privacy fence). The rack will be going out along the fence during the summer to hold my cactus and succulents. I'll probably bring it back in and put my lights back on this fall/winter. They are normally under the shelter in full sun but since it's being enclosed, they have to be moved along with my outdoor CPs, bog, and water garden. Not sure how I'm going to get everything orgainized, but I do know the rack is going out to help me lol.

JMurphy97,

Working on the mylar part. Hopefully I can get to Lowes and Home Depot soon to try to locate some mylar. If they even sell it?

Capensis,

It's a cute little meter. I originally got it for my hermit crabs, now I'm using it for my CPs. It's starting to corrode already along the outside. Probably due to the salt water in the hermit crab tank.

Thanks guys,
    Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice it looks like your plants are doing good.
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that looks very nice. Thanks for the pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Crystal,

I have a question about the humidity in your terrariums. I noticed that there is no top on either of them yet from your hydrometer it looks like you have around 60%? Or did I read it wrong? I have never had a terrarium, but is this normal humidity for a terrarium without a some kind of top, or are you doing something special because 60% seems kind of high to me...or maybe I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about. But ya anyways I'm thinking of starting my own soon so ya that why I'm asking...thanks for any replies!!

Zach

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the kind words .

Zach,

You read it right. It was around 60% when the picture was taken. At night it ranges around 80-90%. During the day the humidity drops slowly to around 50%. I"m not doing anything special at all. They are both completely uncovered. When I first set the terrariums up, I had small pea gravel in the bottom and had the pots right on the gravel. That actually kept the humidity higher, around 70-80% during the day uncovered. The rocks where heavy, especially with the water added in the bottom and the pots were not high enough to suit me. I discarded the gravel and am now using the turned over pots with acrylic cut to fit. I just checked it right now at 12:25pm and the humidity is sitting at 55%. The humidity near the Neps would be higher, since they are lower. I haven't moved the hydrometer down there lately to see how high it stays there. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask .

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast