What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fluorescent Lights

OK so my parents decided i have to use 3' lights (and no i cannot use 4'... or 2'... just 3'). So since nobody carrys a warm white would a combo of Cool White/Neutral Specrum work? since these are the only bulbs i can find at local stores. Here are links to both of the lights...

Neutral Spectrum...
Flourescent Neutral Spectum

Cool White...
Cool White

Same Light w/ specs

Or does pure cool white bukbs work???

Thanks for all the help.

All of the links you posted go to pages that either read "product not found" or no information is coming up that you attempted to link - check your URL's.

Maybe you could copy/paste the info instead of linking. Are they T5, T8, or what?

There are people on this forum who say they use all cool white (4100K if memory serves) and it works out fine, but the general recommendation seems to be that 6500K (Daylight) bulbs are preferred. Still others mix daylight and cool white and have said they get good results.

In my limited experience, I can also attest that daylight bulbs 6500K seem to make Neps, drosera, and VFT's very happy.

Ok thanks Valy ummm my one thing is i dont know if daylight comes in 3ft ???

UHH really DIFFICULT to find 3 foot fixtures, but if you come down maybe we can hook you up they are 38-48 dollars somewhere around that price and suitable for use in wet location. You will get it tax free basically from a store for contractors only, it is not open to the general public.
Why can you not use four foot? I am guessing they don't want to pay for fluorescent lighting so they said you can only use 3 foot fixtures since they are dang near impossible to find.

No i have 2 3 foot fixtures i set up now i just need to find lights -.-

Lowes had a good selection of 3 foot tubes the last time I looked.

Hmmm ok NaN i will have to check that out when i go there this weekend... thanks :-D

Back