What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Bog

This is my mini bog that i finally got up and running. The wind has been just pounding the set up for a couple days. I had to cut out the 12 set flower stalks cause they were damaging the pitchers. Overall the set up size is nice cause it will be just small enough to move and store in my garage in the wintertime. I have seen a lot of people use this same ridged plastic pond liner.. so i thought i would give it a spin.

The 3 larger pitcher plants in the back...

1-unknown hybrid that stays nice and lime green all year.
2-Copper top... stands up to the wind nicely
3-same as #1... but for some reason all of its nice sized pitchers got knocked over in the wind or torn. For some reason it doesn't make ridged pitchers

Misc smaller pitcher plants--

1- Tarnok- have it for years and it rarely forms complete pitchers.
2- S. leucophylla 'Schnell's Ghost'- its getting larger each year.. one of my favorites
3- S. oreophila- just a small one
4- S. purpurea- just a small one
5-6- misc hybrids

Front row of misc VFTs

CP_05b_08.jpg

Very nice minibog Nevermore this year will be my first experiance with a minibog too so far things going well for me and all of your pitcher plants and flytraps looks really nice so far can't wait to see more pictures when they're growing more.

That's a nice start!

sweet, looks good!

~b

Back