User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 21

Thread: All my plants are dying!!!

  1. #9
    rsivertsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you could contact somebody in the Florida CP Society: http://www.floridacarnivorousplantsociety.org
    and someone will drive up and take them off your hands without any effort on your part, and maybe return them to you when you're ready to get back into them again. Just a thought. - Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

  2. #10
    Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South-ern California
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Ventricosa was only repotted a week or two ago, it's probably still in transplant shock. I would give it some more care and it will probably start growing again.

    -Max
    I regret little to nothing!

    My Growlist

  3. #11
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
    I'm sure you could contact somebody in the Florida CP Society: http://www.floridacarnivorousplantsociety.org
    and someone will drive up and take them off your hands without any effort on your part, and maybe return them to you when you're ready to get back into them again. Just a thought. - Rich
    That's a great suggestion, Rich.

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  4. #12
    Cardiac Nurse JB_OrchidGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,818
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you have your sarrs growing in thew same pot as that maple? Did it happen to get fertilized? Sarrs also like to say wet. I have a pump set to water mine every hour all day and night. They stay wet. I am sure if you kept the maple wet it wouldn't like it. So Just exactly how are you trying to keep the,?
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

  5. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. In fact, I was about to paste it in here, and saw I failed to notice you had it already. Swing- and -a miss, lol.
    Brian Barnes is a great guy. Give them to the CP Society, and when you are settled in, I bet you can replace them rather easily with the friends you have made.

    Cheers,

    Joe

    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    That's a great suggestion, Rich.

    xvart.

  6. #14
    Agent of Chaos Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    So you have your sarrs growing in thew same pot as that maple? Did it happen to get fertilized? Sarrs also like to say wet. I have a pump set to water mine every hour all day and night. They stay wet. I am sure if you kept the maple wet it wouldn't like it. So Just exactly how are you trying to keep the,?
    I replanted all the plants in the past couple of weeks. Yes, I took out the maple tree. But yeah, as of now, all my P. Primuifloras have passed (except for 2 that I've kept indoors). Everything else is just in suspended animation.

    I guess I'll let them grow and such. After all, they were growing fine until I repotted them. I guess they're just in shock.


    In other news, I'm about to purchase a P. Moranesis. I'm going to keep that indoors under my lamp.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

    Wolfn's Growlist

  7. #15
    Capensis Killer upper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles,CA,Zipcode:90027
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    I replanted all the plants in the past couple of weeks. Yes, I took out the maple tree. But yeah, as of now, all my P. Primuifloras have passed (except for 2 that I've kept indoors). Everything else is just in suspended animation.

    I guess I'll let them grow and such. After all, they were growing fine until I repotted them. I guess they're just in shock.


    In other news, I'm about to purchase a P. Moranesis. I'm going to keep that indoors under my lamp.
    what kind of media are you growing them in, any potting mix will slowly and painfully kill them.

  8. #16
    Agent of Chaos Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    what kind of media are you growing them in, any potting mix will slowly and painfully kill them.

    Pure peat moss. I'm keeping it very wet.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

    Wolfn's Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •