Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling the Grow room growers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling the Grow room growers

I want to know what types of lights your using. The fixtures really. I am trying to get a feeling for what type of fixtures to use. I want to go the cheapest route with most light. I am thinking about T-8's and was looking at doing it DIY, but then I will have no reflector. I am trying to go the the least expensive because I will be setting up a pretty big grow room right off the bat when I get to MN. Thanks in advance.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the hardware store near my house I saw this light fixture that I think was about $8.00. It said Shop Lite on the box. It has reflectors (I think) and chains to hang from. I guess that's pretty cheap because I saw some plant/aqauarium light for $35.00.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lights of America $9 fixtures from Walmart. They run T8s and T12s. I use 7 of them I think.

DON'T GET THE PULL CHAIN ONES
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently run about 9 t12 standard fixtures, and starting to debate the use of them. While my plants seem to grow fine, I feel some are lacking enough light that they want in order to pitcher, the rest of the conditions are pretty good and stable IMO. I have mylar on some of my fixtures, while not on others.

Cheap lights might be fine to start off with, but if you arn't happy with the result, consider upgrading it later.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use the cheapest T8 fixtures i can find at Home Depot.....dont think they have reflectors but i dont care as that means i can fit more above the plants.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use power compact 6700K and 10,000K. These cost more and make the plants happy however I've read that you can get good growth from daylight shop lights sold from lowes or home depot. I would like to know the best model to purchase from the hardware store becuase I'm thinking of selling my lamps. Replacement bulbs for power compacts are expensive and I do not see the need if you can get the same growth from cheap lights. From what I've read you want daylight shop light bulbs atleast 80 to 100 watts.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the best luck with the ones at Home Depot. The ones at walmart seem to crap out on me more than the ones at HD. There like $8 but they have little reflectors. Good luck

Jay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok I don't know what you consider cheap but I just bought one of these (from the exact company I'll link you too) and it is GREAT. Very good price for what you get. And they even have slightly cheaper ones if you don't want/need a lensed hood. I like the lensed hood becase it acts as a thermal break making it alot cooler.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1000w-HPS-MH-Gro...QQcmdZViewItem

I highly reccomend them fast shipping and great service. They have lesser halide kits too if you don't think you need 1000 watts but come on, might as well go big or go home. Since I don't grow in a green house I figured I might as well go big as I can...lol

Just don't look directly at the bulb while its on... WOW is it bright. I used to use 400 watt MH's and the 1000 watt mh is insanely bright comapred to it. Plus you can't beat 110,000 lumens!
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast