What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoor RO Unit?

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
Does anyone use and outdoor RO unit for greenhouses/bog gardens. I'm interested in purchasing an RO unit for my outdoor/indoor plants. I'm looking for any kind of RO Unit that will attach to my outdoor spicket. Any ideas? I've used tap (90 to 100ppm) on my CPs for a long time with no problem but my collection continues to grow and feel that over time hardwater buildup in my bogs could be a problem.

Thanks

Sure. I have a bare-bones unit that hook up to the faucet thing. I leave it out all during spring, summer, and fall, and take it in in winter and only use it outside during the day so it doesn't freeze. Some dutch brand from Ebay. After a year with no pre-filter at all, it was at 3 PPM so I'm very happy. I think you can attatch any RO unit to an outdoor faucet. If it doesn't come with an adapter, you can get one from Home Depot or Lowes cheaply.

The lower the PPM, the better, but you're certainly on the high end of safe range for Nepenthes and Mexican Pinguicula. Probably Drosophyllum, but I've never grown it. You don't NEED RO water, but as I said, the lower the better IMO and E. Flushing every now and then with RO water should remedy any build up, if you're worried.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. You said it was Dutch made. What is the brand name? There are so many different kinds. I would like to make sure that I find one someone has had good results with.

Thanks

Back