Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's those little white stuff?

and its looking very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Upper. The white stuff that you are seeing is Crepe Myrtle blooms that are constantly being blown into the mini-bogs. Impossible to keep up with on a daily basis. I just try to make sure that none of my smaller plants are smothered out by them. aka Drosera brevifolia. The obvious solution would be to prune the devils back, but then I would have to deal with my sister who I rent from. Hell hath no fury after all so I'll just keep digging out fallen blooms.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't want to live in MS but I must say that you have an enviable CP setup going!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am blessed to live where I live. I live in the Land of Alata my friend. Spring comes early, Summer stays late, and the winters are mild at best. When my CPing friends that inhabit the northern climate have their bogs under mulch, I'm still posting pics of three foot pitchers. Mulch.....that's another plus. I don't have to. Happy growing to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some pics of the S.pupurea heterophylla that I won in the NASC auction in it's new home.

My goal was to get a few anthocyanin-free plants together in their own little mini-bog.

So far the purp is the last plant in there. Also in the 'green' bog is S. leucophylla, S. rubra ssp. wherryi, S. rubra ssp. jonesii, and S. rubra ssp. gulfensis. I'm going green in the bogs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you had an aphid problem at some point in time in some of your first pics, some of the pitchers were all bent like you would see in an aphid infestation. i hope you got rid of them if that was the case, but regardless, some beautiful plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No aphids my friend. The bent pitchers that you saw were because the plants had been shipped to me wrapped in a plastic bag much like you would get a newspaper in on a rainy day. I keep a can of Ortho Orthenex on hand at all times and deploy it at the very first hint of any pest problem. It's my WMD of choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12