Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Using a freezer to cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using a freezer to cool

It's too warm now for the highlands at night in the basement. So I looked at all different things. Portable AC units are huge and like $400 so that's a little too much I think for plants for only 3 months. So I got this freezer from a job I did. Would it work to take the door off and let it run onto the set up from 10pm to 6am? I'm not sure how to set it up to grow the plants in the freezer and I also have sundews, cephs, helis, and maybe mexican pings so I don't know how they would like it too cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once upon a time Jeff Shafer did a CPN article on converting a freezer into a grow chamber. You might want to check the CPN archives if you are an ICPS member.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy97 View Post
    Portable AC units are huge and like $400 so that's a little too much I think for plants for only 3 months.
    I'm not sure what you're considering 'portable' but you can get a small window unit on the cheap over @ Wally World. Rigging a a small plastic 'room' around your highlanders with this a/c for cooling might be a middle-of-the-road solution... (also - if you looked around - there may be cheaper units).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)