User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Mini Green House Under Construction.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Our Mini Green House Under Construction.

Well told hubby I NEED A MINI GREEN HOUSE!!! Well do to not having the material things we need to build the BIG ONE i wanted this yr its gona wait till next yr, anyways we use whatever we can find around the wood pile and barn, so far its comming along nicely for making do with CRAP scrap wood.. LOL!! I will post pics as it all comes together, its gona be big enough for me to slightly bend over to get thru the door and enough room for me to stand up and atleast turn around in or have your basic folding chair in , tables go along 3 of the walls, gona use white rock for the bottom and ceder-SP? mulch along the bottom outside of the green house, i will be able to have some hanging pots from the inside top and also gona have a mini lift window for air exchange in the top back on one side. Had to make the roof pitch pretty tight due to how wonderful our nasty winters are, need that snow to slide right off it, hes not done yet with the frame work nither. I know aint much and looks wierd but HEY gota do what ya gota do with whatever materials you can use from around the home and yard.. LOL!!!
    THANKS HUBBY!! NOW GET TO WORK PRONTO!!!!

More pics to come SOOOOOOOOON!
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, hey when you get your bigger greenhouse you could move that one inside and use it as a hothouse. If you have wind you might try weighting it down at the corners with sand bags.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats going to be awesome, congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm..... that gives me an idea. Looks like he's off to a great start !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Can't wait to see when it's done!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks great! i'd love to make something like this, so make sure you take plenty of pictures!! are you following any plans or just kind of making it up as you go? also, are you going to have it heated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!! I will have more pics posted later on this evenning.

D_muscipula, we plan on anchoring it down with holes drilled in the bottom frame and long metal hook pins pushed down into the ground kinda like those things ya get with tents that have a hook on one end and then there long and ya push them down into the grown. Its gona be up against the back side of the house, if i desisde i ever want to movie it then i can just pull up the pins and go from there.. We dont have any place out here that gets full sun for more than 4 hrs and then the rest of the day its spotty between the trees.

droseraguy, thanks and thats the plan to help give people ideas on how they can construct a mini green house even if its outa crap scrap wood..

trek623, when it comes to hubby building things for me its always under my plans. I draw a quick sketch and show it to him, sometimes he disagrees with me till i hit him in his noggin and tell him MY WAY OR ELSE!! What mama wants mama gets.. LOL!! Anyways he dont need a pic or drawing after that and just goes to it from memory and or what he thinks he can do.. Its all junk scrap wood that we had laying in the fire wood pile for the pit and whatever we had around the barn that we saved that we knew someday we could use.. I had rolls of plastic already from when we cover windows durring winter, hes doubling that all the way around the green house, my tables will have a layer of plastic protecting them from moisture. Im not sure about having it heated, i can just as easily move plants that dont go dormant back into the house and the ones that do go dormant will either stay in the green house and i will end up using a small heater just to make sure the temps dont get that bad to where it will kill them off or they will be moved to the barn. I will however have a small light in the green house. If it comes down to it i can always improvise and hang lights above the plants, i gave that much thought befour even getting this built.. Gona find a small fan to also use for days when i need it..

I will update this evenning...
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well today turned out to be a real drag, just after we got all the tools and everything outa the barn to get to work on my green house, we managed to get the door finished, and the venilation window completed sure enough boom bang it started lightning and it has been down pouring ever since, its so black out right now it looks like its 10 pm at night.. Had some hail and big gusts of wind to.. Will try again tomarrow to get this mini GH done we wont have time to do much work on it friday or saturday got drag races to attend.. I will get pics posted as soon as we get more work done on it..
    www.nmacdt.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast