Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosquitos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But wouldn't that thing kindof attract mosquitos too, then they go "Oh hey look people"
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His emphasis on "Dehydrate and DIE!" sounds very cynical.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to the Mosquitoes breeding in pitchers, they definitely can do it in the northern purpurea varieties, don't know about the others.

Up at the wild center in Tupper Lake NY they had a nice display of Adirondack bog plants. Among what they had was a video of pumping the water out of a pitcher and showing all the stuff in there, dead and alive. The little wriggling mosquito larvae among them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it's a major bummer that CPs don't wipe out mosquitoes. I actually took a class in gardening CPs with my wife to get here involved a little, and someone asked that very question. The host said absolutely they catch mosquitoes. I guess she was kind of right, but sort of misleading. I just let it go.

I actually totally stopped using trays last summer because of the mosquitoes and switched mostly to bog barrels now but it actually decided to rain last week in Atlanta so they filled up so that is where they went nuts in. Unfortunately as was pointed out, neps can still grow mosquitoes (which also is a bummer...).
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPsInAtl View Post
    yeah it's a major bummer that CPs don't wipe out mosquitoes. I actually took a class in gardening CPs with my wife to get here involved a little, and someone asked that very question. The host said absolutely they catch mosquitoes. I guess she was kind of right, but sort of misleading. I just let it go.

I actually totally stopped using trays last summer because of the mosquitoes and switched mostly to bog barrels now but it actually decided to rain last week in Atlanta so they filled up so that is where they went nuts in. Unfortunately as was pointed out, neps can still grow mosquitoes (which also is a bummer...).

If you put one quarter of a Mosquito dunk in your tray water and rain water barrel you will be FINE.
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12