What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Lighting Q's

Well just like Kath I will be getting a 4- tier mini "greenhouse". I want to know how many light fixtures do I need. Will I need a fixture on each rack or one for every two tiers? Can I see pictures of how other people set up there grow rack?Thank you and sorry if I stole a thread or something:(

Okay thanks- but what if you don't want to raise the elec bill by alot. In your experience if a totla of 4 bulbs how much would it cost to run it every month?

A few dollars. The shop lights like are seen on my grow rack don't use much electricity at all. They run something like 15 to 16 hours a day.

Crystal

Edit: There's a thread on here somewhere that calculates the exact amount of electricity a bulb will burn over a certain period of time.

Edit again: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=890155&postcount=11

Last edited:
I am using a rack with 2 shelfs, each with 4 - 40 watt bulbs running 16 hours a day.

I pay $.07/kwh.

So -

320 watts per hour, times 16 hours a day, times 30 days for your average month = 153.6 kwh. Times that by .07 = $10.75 per month. 8 bulbs though.

What's killing me now is my air conditioner. With the temps we've been getting the a/c is running about 21 hours a day at 1800 watts per hour, it's expensive!

Back