User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet and setup a grow rack - Critique!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryster View Post
    Nice looking set-up Alien.

Not too unlike the growrack I built -----> My growrack creation

I put my Sarrs and VFT's outdoors in the summer though. Neps, Sundews and Pings stay in the rack year 'round.
    That is a very nice setup you have there. I'm contemplating whether or not the 4 T8s are enough or whether I should try and squeeze in another narrow 2 bulb fixture between them by trimming the reflectors off for a total of 6 bulbs (I know some people use 4 and some people use 6). More is light is always better right? I might pickup another shoplight fixture this weekend and take some tin snips to my existing fixture's reflectors I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, more light is better.

However, you also will be creating more heat with more bulbs. Regardless if they're T8's or T12's.

Also, think of how crowded your rack becomes with more fixtures; less room for plant growth and restriction of air flow etc. AND, extra power consumption to-boot!
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien1099 View Post
    I am DEFINITELY considering it! I am rather ignorant on nepenthes plants though so I need to do some more reading. Can you recommend any interesting ones that don't require a semi sealed area to lock in humidity?
    nice setup! thought about any dews? they'd like that i bet.

If you're looking for a nep that doesnt require much space, I would recommend N. bellii as it is a miniature and pitchers like mad(atleast for me...though i keep mine outside but with no direct sunlight). it popped about 5 pitchers in a months time for me.

~billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billylh View Post
    nice setup! thought about any dews? they'd like that i bet.

If you're looking for a nep that doesnt require much space, I would recommend N. bellii as it is a miniature and pitchers like mad(atleast for me...though i keep mine outside but with no direct sunlight). it popped about 5 pitchers in a months time for me.

~billy
    I'm definitely going to be ordering some Sundews along with a few other things here soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the first post but the title won't change.

Made some big modifications.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can say is the best all around bulb according to a respected growing member here. is the 5000K bulbs. I forget who mine were made by, but they have a 93 CRI on them. I cannot tell you from personal experience on how they do because I only just moved some plants under lights. That is just what I was recommended and what I decided to use. I still have to pick up a second light because the one I don't think is cutting it.

The surrounding by mylar and setup looks great. Good luck.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it looks a lot better! Might as well put some chicken in there while you're at it.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

A windowsill grower elsantaclause's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you know what brand the dual t8 light fixture is? I've been looking for one but can't find a cheap one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast