Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my new terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scottychaos:
    Thanx for the advice....i know that is not a sphagnum moss but i will get some later. This one will do for now as for keeping the suitable climate for the plants (they seem to grow very well there). It is just a moss spread around the pots and growing in a water on a mix of perlite and ceramsite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks nice! I have a feeling you're going to need more lights over the dews or bring the lights closer but only time will tell. Personaly, i don't think your binata, for exemple, is going to do well with the lights that far up. I might be wrong...keep us posted!
    One more thing....the petiolaris complex dew needs alot more light than the neps so i doubt that it will do well in same tank.
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mark! Thanx for the comment. The binata filiformis rotundifolia and other temperate sundews I only had there temporarily now they are (and will stay) outside on the balcony. I think you might be right about the lighting....since i covered the reflection surface with moss it looks like they are getting much less light then before. I will see how they react to that change and it is likely I will install another 13W T5 there. I cannnot move the light any closer to them since peltata is tall. Besides the light they get 5 hours of sunlight as well.The petiolaris drosera placed with the neps is hopefully getting enought light since the neps are being grown under strong lights (normally they demand much less light then they have right now). I have seen such terrarium before and it worked just fine...but as you say only time will tell maybe i will have to adjust that side as well. i am in Canada for 2 weeks so will see how they look when i come back I will keep u posted. is is more-less an experiment so it might or might not work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo after some time I am back with more progress with building my carni terrarium:-)
    This weekend I had some spare time on my hands so I built in the fogger fan timer some lights i did the backwall and put in some more plants. Inhabitants:
    N. ampullaria x rajah
    N. sanguinea
    N. ventricosa x alata
    S. psittacina
    D. prolifera
    D. schizandra
    D. adelae
    P."Sethos"
    P. moctezumae
    H.minor
    ferns
    phaleanopsis

For the ones following this thread i enclose some pictures to see the difference:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful This is one of those terrariums where you put potted plants in soil to make them look like they're planted, right? Just incase for the S. psitt ^^;
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "N. ampullaria x rajah"
    who would make this hybrid? and ultralowland and an ultrahightland. iam sure the pitchers will look good but why waste a flowering rajah on an ampullaria. couldnt they have found a better plant to breed it with. probly the only benifit of this plant it the pitchers look somewhat like a rajah but you can grow it like an intermediate. iam not saying that you are a bad person for growing it just that is a waste of a rajah flower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I think those are actually N. ampullaria x rafflesiana, AKA N. hookeriana, rather than N. ampullaria x rajah. And I don't necessarily think that would be a waste of a rajah flower - any rajah hybrid would be spectacular!
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    capensis: yes exactly that type of terrarium:-)
    aaddaam & Jimmy: the nep is actually ampullaria x rafflesiana (xHookeriana) - my bad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast