What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful :D This is one of those terrariums where you put potted plants in soil to make them look like they're planted, right? Just incase for the S. psitt ^^;

"N. ampullaria x rajah"
who would make this hybrid? and ultralowland and an ultrahightland. iam sure the pitchers will look good but why waste a flowering rajah on an ampullaria. couldnt they have found a better plant to breed it with. probly the only benifit of this plant it the pitchers look somewhat like a rajah but you can grow it like an intermediate. iam not saying that you are a bad person for growing it just that is a waste of a rajah flower.

Oh, I think those are actually N. ampullaria x rafflesiana, AKA N. hookeriana, rather than N. ampullaria x rajah. And I don't necessarily think that would be a waste of a rajah flower - any rajah hybrid would be spectacular!

capensis: yes exactly that type of terrarium:)
aaddaam & Jimmy: the nep is actually ampullaria x rafflesiana (xHookeriana) - my bad

yeah im hoping the terra is potted, for the sake of the Psittacina when it needs its winter dormancy >_< other than that, it looks really good.

awesome setup, what a lucky find on that case!

looks great!

Nice Terarium Klasac! But wouldn't your some of your plants grow faster then others and block the light on the more slow growing like your heliamphora? Just a thought. Nice plants:)

yeah your lights are kind of far away for some of those plants...what kind of lights are you using? Heliamphora especially, require bright lighting, as does the Sarracenia Psittacina...i dont think a light fixture or 2 will sustain them, especially that high above the plants.

Sirkristoff: i have been growing psittacina for years and what I have learned about it is that it grows equally well in closed humid terrarium or outside on the windowsill where the humidity is about 30%. As long as they are flooded with water from time to time they are happy. Light there is not as strong as it perhaps should be but it will do. She is not going to be red and coloured up as the ones I am growing in the sun but she will be fine. Psittacina is the only sarrah i dont give dormancy at all and she is ok with it actually they started flowering now (I mean the ones i keep in terrarium conditions).
Heliamphora grew 2 new leaves in 2 weeks so I think she is fine as well. Still I am going to put more lights in there soon.
polywer: the plants are potted so if one grows too big i just replace it with a smaller one or i cut it and ude the cuttings for propagation. Maybe later I will put Heli on the wall so the neps dont shadow her. The set up is still subject to changes so I am glad for any comments:)

i think that it look s very good

truly a spectacular tank dude. I would love to make a tank like that.

Back