Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Growing Outdoors in New Mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice collection there sorry your sanguinea got eaten like that it might recover who knows maybe it'll make a basal there's hope also glad your N. Lady Pauline is ok and your N.ventricosa is looking good and nice looking mini-bog too nice growth from before and now.

Nice outdoor growrack I think I saw that one at wall-mart or lowes I forgot which and what's in the container in the very bottom of the growrack?

Those sarracenia seedlings looks cute I might try and germinate some in that type of container like that also cute cactus seedlings I can't wait to see them when they grew some more. =)
    .../l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノgrowlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bluebird,

I got the growrack at Wal-Mart, and that container at the bottom is full of water, to weigh the rack down so it doesn't blow away.

Those cacti seedlings grow a little bit more each day, and they should look mighty menacing when they are older. I can't wait either!
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you keep the cacti seedlings covers(i.e ziplock, plastic lid) or just keep it evenly moist? Anyways everything looks real nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sean,

The cacti are kept uncovered in a tray of water to keep it evenly moist, because the 1 part vermiculite : 1 part cacti mix is normally way to dry for good germination. It's definitely not the best way to grow these, but it works, and it's all part of the learning process. I only used half of the cacti seeds of each species, so that I can try again on pure cacti mix in the spring.
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12