What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Street veiw of my grow space

pic of street view of my grow space.
I have lots of people stop by and ask questions or make odd remarks about my plants and lights.
this is a pic from the street.
It's MUCH brighter then the pic shows. Lights up the whole sidewalk and street:blush:
streetview.jpg

I must ask; what kind of odd remarks?
~Joe

odd remarks,
are those bananas x 2
are you growing weed x 2
those look phalic, will spare the people here the details
nice aloe?
can I get a cutting of ?
just some of the remarks

Hehe. I also get the 'do you grow weed?!' remark quite a bit. We had to have a maintenance guy come in a few weeks back, and he was fascinated by my grow rack. He said he thought weed didn't look like that! I of course gave him a nice little education about carnivorous plants - the last thing I need is people thinking I'm growing a cash crop!

Cool picture!

Awesome! I have to keep my windows closed because my apartment is on the main floor of a residence hall and I try and avoid those "interesting questions" as much as possible, since the rumor mill might get the best of me. I love the way it looks in that bay window! My wife would never allow me to use a bay window like that!

xvart.

Haha, I like, "Are those bananas?" You should offer to let them have a taste. :S "Those look phallic," is another good one - I've always wondered why people always think phallus first and it never occurs to them that a stick is a useful shape that occurred millions of times in nature before mammals were around to make it dirty.
~Joe

Zero - are there lights above the top rack? What do you have growing up there?

xvart.

top rack just has some stuff I have to throw away.
the top rack just serves as a place to hang my light.

I live in an apt. complex for college students, and ofter get asked about...

a. Drugs?
b. Am I really studious? It appears that I never leave because the lights are on.

If only more people knew the real answer. I'm really surprised the police haven't stopped by yet.

Nice picture! I like your Sansevieria. :)

Have the cops been by yet? I show my friends who smoke and they even asked if I could grow them some weed or hook up some lights for them so they can grow some.

I'm sure the police have stopped by to check it out. It's VERY bright at night and I don't live in the best neiborhood.
there is a total of 358 watts of lighting.
thanks for the comments.
JMurphy97, I love your sig, very true
peace,
Zero

hehe- cool :) I can imagine how bright it is! Especially being up high like that.

Not as cool as yours... but I recently noticed one of my greenhouses is viewable on google street view....

streetlevelalley.jpg

You should try and find yourself on google street view, we are on it and our street is private property.

EDIT....
Andy beat me to it, dang....

lol ive had people stop and ask if i was growing weed many times now. i dont have too many plants visible from the street, too many kids around here like to destroy things or make fun of things...such as unopened pitchers.

How do you get the street view on google earth?

Ha i was right! Neighbors do think your crazy! :]

Back