Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some quick photos of my terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some quick photos of my terrarium

These are the same pictures I just posted in my introduction, but I figured I'd share them here, along with some specs. The terrariums is an 18 x 18 x 24 inch Exoterra glass terrarium, with a front opening. I got rid of the screen cover, and replaced it with a sheet of glass. The clips that held the screen in place prop the glass about 1/4-1/2" above the rim of the tank, providing ventilation, and there's a 3" fan for circulation. For lighting, I use a 6500K 96W Coralife Powerquad compact fluorescent. The bulb has gotten a little old, though, but I have plans to upgrade this into a 75 gallon after New Year's. The Cephalotus and Heliamphora I've had for about 2 1/2 years, and the young Cephalotus are from cuttings I took about a year and a half ago. Most of the plants in the setup are miniature orchids.

Full terrarium

Heliamphora minor

H. minor, and the parent/young Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is incredible! Just wow. I love your H. minor. What kind of Nepenthes is that?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Nepenthes as N. aristolochioides...however, the traps don't look anything like photos I've seen, though I'm not sure if that's because my plant is so small. I've had it for nearly 2 years, and it's taking its time...I managed to snap a blurry picture of a trap, though. I didn't realize how blurry it was until I put in on the computer, and I'm too lazy at the moment to go get another, so forgive me for the terribly quality.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mouth isn't quite right. It might be x maxima or x tangleis (sp)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's an aristo. Or maybe argentii...but that's just me. Lol. I'm not quite sure. It looks nice, though! And not small at all.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha...oh man would I love it if it were argentii. It'd save me quite an investment, since that's the next one on my list. Though that means I'd still have to buy aristolochioides again anyway. It only cost me $12-$15, if I remember right, so I'm not too torn up if it's something else. As for me mentioning it's small, I suppose that's because it's definitely far smaller than the eymae and sanguinea I bought at the same time.

Now that I look at pictures, it does resemble argentii, though I was under the impression they only pitcher if they can set the tendrils onto ground first. Perhaps I'll post this guy in the Identification forum after I grab some better pictures after work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Heli! great terranium. uhh whats the soil hanging off the sides?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're talking about the stuff on the Heliamphora pot, it's algae. Sometimes the algae gets overtaken by moss, but I just went through and stripped all the moss out a couple weeks ago. Another month or so, and it'll be back, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast