Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 75 gallon project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, especially since this coming week, I'll probably repot and divide the large Cephalotus, and maybe the H. minor, since they've been in the same pots for over 2 years, and they're both getting a little out of hand. So I'll probably have several additional pots just from that. I'll probably put another support today or tomorrow.

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please do give more specs, its one of the best terra's i've seen!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...there's not much else to add. It's a standard 75 gallon AGA tank, with glass versa tops. The foundation is a false bottom made with 1 1/2" pieces of PVC, with plastic lighting eggcrate over them. The back wall has 8 bathroom suction cups (the ones that you stick on, then pull the hook down to seal) siliconed to it, which supports the vertical eggcrate. I'll probably add more support to that by drilling through the lip in the rim that supports the glass, and cable-tying it to the frame of the tank. The divider in the middle is also held up by cable ties through the center brace of the tank. The shelf is just eggcrate resting on 4 PVC posts that are siliconed to the bottom of the tank. A fifth post will be added to the middle, as well.

Lighting is provided by 2 Coralife 48" 2x 65W, 6700K power compact fluorescent Aqualight fixtures, for a total of 260W of lighting. The right side of the tank also now has a layer of window screening under the lights, to provide some shading for the lower light orchids. Circulation is done with 2x 3.125" Coralife Aqualight cooling fans, hooked up to a ZooMed rheostat which is kept on the lowest setting. Temperature is normally around 70F at night, and 72-73F during the day. For some reason, my humidity probe is not working, so I don't have a humidity reading yet.

If there's anything else, just ask. Again, thanks for the comments, everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, sweet setup. did you buy the wooden material, or whatever stuff that is to hang the orchids, or did it come that way with the plants? I really like how you have them hanging up all over.
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

Happy Growing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the orchids I mounted myself, but most came like that. There's a few different mounts in there, though most are cork bark and tree fern panel.

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i absolutely love your terra! great idea using those pannels to increase grow space. please keep us update!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome setup Draven! I really like your setup. I've been wanting to set up a dart frog tank, and this post was encouragement. Thanks for sharing .

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're doing dart frogs, you might like this 75 gallon's original incarnation, when I used it to house a pair of pumilio dart frogs. I originally wanted to set it up like this again, but money constraints, and the growing collection in the other tank dictated otherwise. I kind of like this better anyway. I have A LOT of plants coming in, so expect pics, possibly starting tomorrow!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast