Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked one of these up at my local computer supply store. It actually came with an ide/sata to usb2 converter. It's a power supply with the power dongle already built in. I'm pretty sure it would work with a standard computer fan, although I haven't actually tried it myself. Maybe someone can confirm if it would work or not. But if you're not comfortable with doing the wiring and are willing to spend a few extra dollars, this might be a good option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That PSU looks like it will do the job nicely... You would need a fan with a "4-pin molex" type connector for plug and play... the fans are available in a 3-pin motherboard connector as well, which would not work with that PSU without cutting wires. If you're buying fans, I recommend Scythe s-flex fans. I run them in all of my computers, and they are completely silent and move a good deal of air. Also, they use sony S-FDB fluid bearings, so they'll last forever. They're about $12 each for the 120mm version.
    My Grow list

If you feel that you can't go on, And your will is sinking low,
    Just believe and you can't go wrong, In the light you will find the road. ~LZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here's my thought. Jump in and tell me it's bunk before I burn the house down please. I've been informed that the low voltage lights I put in the front of the house will be replaced this year. They are on a timer that came with the light package so that will be available for my use. My thought is to take the timer/voltage regulator and hook up the computer fans along the wire just like the lights were. So now instead of the 10W lights running the computer fans can be positioned around my grow enclosure where I see fit. With the timer they can go on and off as needed and the whole thing just plugs into the 110 outlet. This should work right ?? Seems to easy.

Anyway if someone needs extra bulbs for their outdoor sidewalk lowvoltage lights (10W) let me know. I'll have about half a dozen new extras sitting around.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris,

Personally, I would need more information before I would tell ya one way or another.

Is the timer/power supply the correct type of voltage (ac or dc)?
    Is the voltage correct?
    Is the amperage correct?

A 10w low voltage light is still going to be very low current plus it is a purely resistive load. Now you are going to inductive loads with what is prob a higher current rating. Also the lights could very well be low voltage AC instead of DC

errr that make sense?

In other words, what are the specs of the unit in question mate
    Butch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to take a look at the box one of these days and get back on the particulars. Thanks
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123