What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kath

Katherine
The title says it all... I now have an above ground bog.

Today it was painted (outside) with a nice brown-red paint. I am planning to paint a mural of carnivorous plants on the front with acrylic and water colours, and then I want to name it. But what should I name it?

I don't have the exact measurements... but it is made of old balcony plank wood, and it is about 2 metres long, 1/2 a metre wide, and about 40cm deep.
This is equal to: about 6 1/2 feet long, 1 1/2 feet wide, and about 1 1/4 feet deep.

I will try to get some photo's of it tomorrow, but it also has a seperate compartment which will be entirely waterproofed for my D. Arcturi and Intermedia etc.

It is going to have Sarracenia, some Pinguicula species, Drosera's and Darlingtonia in it. Oh - and VFT's

So - any suggestions?

How about, "Kiwi Kath's Karnivores".

Marvin Gardens!
But I guess that one is already taken.
~Joe

The Garden of Madness

How about... The Bog? xD But seriously, The Garden of Doom?

prestige gardens unlimited...is that to stately? lol, no jk...how about...

Audrey's estate?... or

The garden of eatin'?

Hmmm....
"Kiwi Kaths Karnivores..." could work, but I'd change it around so it was "Kath's Kiwi Karnivores" and that might not work because they're not all "Kiwi's"!
"The Garden of Madness, The Garden of Eatin, and The Garden of Doom'" are Ok, but I like the first better I think :)
"Audrey's Estate" is pretty funny...

And some suggestions from other forums:

The Garden of Secret(ion)s
Bog Off
The Savage Garden

My favourites so far are:
Bog Off
Audrey's Estate
Kath's Kiwi Karnivores
The Garden of Secret(ion)s

Any other ideas?

How about you write "Beware of plants"

"Venutian Xenobotany Test Site 00"
Add some scorched chain-link fence and a longhorn skull and you'll be the neighborhood favorite at Halloween time.
~Joe

The Rock :O

The Bog of Justice

~billy

How about the Rawr Bog?

oh, how about a radio activity symbol?

Something appropriate in the Maori language might be nice ;)

Back