Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you...

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many of you...

halo guys, i have one easy question i want to ask you guys. u see i have 2 timers and 1 for the light and one for the fan. but i don't have one for my fogger.. so i was planning to leave the fan on for 24/7 is this ok? take the timer from the fan to the fogger. and the fan is water proof too don't. so the 100% humidity when the fogger is on won't do a thing on it but i just worry that it will burn out. how many of you guys leave the fan on for 24 hours? fan + fogger = rain !!!! so hopefully this will prevent the algae growing on the pot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i had my fan on 24/7 for awhile but i realized this didnt provide a nightly drop in humidity that i wanted to get. its really up to you though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you want the humidity to rise at night? I had my fan but it killed my humidity and dried everything out. That's when I had it on for an hour or so. I just stopped using it and have to mold or algae.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i m confused. do plants require higher humidity at night or lower humidity at night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why dont you just take a surge protector and plug that into your "lights" timer plug your lights and fan onto that, so they shut off at the same time...

keep the seperate timer for the fogger since it needs a different set of time to be on/off

typically your plants will appreciate a higher RH at night... thats how it works outside.. and you know plants do love the outdoors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm889 View Post
    why dont you just take a surge protector and plug that into your "lights" timer plug your lights and fan onto that, so they shut off at the same time...

keep the seperate timer for the fogger since it needs a different set of time to be on/off

typically your plants will appreciate a higher RH at night... thats how it works outside.. and you know plants do love the outdoors

haha excellent idea =] well their only tiny nepenthes like 1 to 3 inch diameter and their HL nepenthes so i don't think they will like it outside in MD. and thanks for ur brilliant idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i meant nightly rise in humidity XP i get it mixed up with drop in Temp. sorry about that LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep both of my fans on 24/7, though I was also toying with the idea of having them go off after lights-out. But so far everything's going well, so I'm hesitant to mess with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast