What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LL Neps and others. My new set up. A major improvement!

S_Oregon_CP

Bio is my life!
Hello Everybody!

I have been increasing my collection of Nepenthes and as I have accumulated more LL Neps I have had to make improvements and changes to fit all 10 of my LL neps in a Exo-Terra 18x18x18. I keep 4 in or more of water below with a fishtank heater set to 90 F. I spray them 3 or more times during the day and at night I keep a plastic bag over the tanks to reach 100% humidity. Here are some pictures.

P3271140.jpg

Poorly shipped bical red from EP making a comeback baby! 3-4 growth nodes all racing to make leafs.
P3261133.jpg

N. khasiana
P3271149.jpg

N. albomarginata green
P3261139.jpg

thats all for now.

very nice plants and i like the set up you have, i wish i had gotten a real grow rack a few months ago

Where do you get those Orchid pots like in the first pic? :D

Those mesh pots are readily available from most nurseries which specialize in orchids; also, a store in SF, Plant it Earth, carries them and has a variety of hard-to-find supplies for everything from orchids to creepy plants which eat bugs -- and has a web site. . .

There is a local hydroponic store that sells everything one would need to grow 8 ft tall tomatoes in a 4x4 ft room :) apparently tomatoes put out good bud if you feed them nitrogen enhanced chemicals... I am currently thinking about taking my 2 rats out of my 50 gal terrarium and making them a nice approtriate wire cage that is more vertical and more open. plus I want my huge tank for LL neps maybe HL neps in the summer when its too darn hott. anyways I will post another section on my HL conditions soon.

Nepenthes khasiana is not lowland, in fact it is one of the most cold hardy nepenthes species there is.
P.S. your albomarginata is cute.

John is right; you may want to move your khasiana to intermediate conditions, where it will grow faster.

Excellent progress with your collection!

Thanks for the advice! yes I do agree it will make a great intermediate. It was putting out 3-4 pitchers a month since it got used to it. but yes i have plenty of room in my intermediate gh. I can get more LL now!!! hehe anyways after today I should have my HL area set up. I love Neps!

Great albo you got there.

whats the big red pitcher in the first pic? very nice looking terra.

Truncata from pasian

Back