What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Berry Container

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I know this isn't a unique concept, but it case there isn't a picture of it:

Picture002-1.jpg

I've had leftover roots of D. adelae in there, in the fishtank and they are absolutely thriving, sending up numerous plantlets from the roots. I just nestled two pots of D. kenealleyi in there in the hopes that the extra humidity will perk them up.

Picture004-1.jpg

It has holes in the top and bottom for ventilation, water passage, and some direct lighting, and yet adds some humidity.

It's a conceptual adaptation of what was suggested to me by the hobbyist called Barracuda.

Thanks for the idea Barracuda and jimscott!
I may have to try using these for seedlings. Could give some pretty nice results I can imagine if fungi are kept in check.

I've used those before and they are great. I've used many food containers. I used a large, domed pudding container for a ceph leaf pull and now I have a nice plant growing in there.

^hehe..............

I get spring mix salad in larger clamshell containers like that! Great idea!

Tommy... I don't know how you do it... but you always dind threads discussing D. adelae... even if it isn't in the title!

Tommy... I don't know how you do it... but you always dind threads discussing D. adelae... even if it isn't in the title!

I never noticed actually. I gorw just as many sarrs and VFTs but I guess since I can grow Adelae all year round indoors it's just on my mind more often!

Jim I get the old stained Tupperware lol. Maybe you can try hitting her up for those that don't look so 'good' anymore.

That's a good suggestion! I could also "accidentally" mar them....

Actually, she just bought me a mini greenhouse assembly kit. I still have to figure out how I'm going to incorporate a submercible heater. Mind you, this is all because of aesthetics. This is what she is objecting to:

Picture.jpg

And this is what I put together:

Picture025.jpg

Picture024-4.jpg

I hate these assembly projects! There's always extra parts and descriptions that don't make sense to me. And then I have to have Lynn put things together correctly, after I've botched it up.

My wife said she is eventually going to buy the one on the right:

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture015-3.jpg

wow your woolies look great.

the jealousy begins :)

I've also lost half of what I had during the winter. Two of the paradoxas are dormant. Still trying to figure out how to get them warm enough. The heater in a glass jar isn't enough. But thanks for the compliment.

Nice setup Jim.

To get them warmer, how about one of those heating pads for your back placed under the water tray with a timer? Or maybe even placing the aquarium heater into the tray.

The tray is plastic and shallow. I'd do it, but am concerned that the heat from the heater may damage the tray or that it may evaporate too quickly. Whaddya think?

I use some of the "warmer" colored CFL's for my LL setup,

their hotter than the cool bulbs, and definitely hotter the tube set up.

if you were to put one of those in there, you'd see a definite heat increase...

it also may give you a nighttime drop, so if it was an overall heat increase i guess it wouldnt be a great solution... just a thought

I am tryint to achieve a day/night temp differential, so that would be a consideration. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back