Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misting system question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great info!
    Are your misting heads adjustable? I have seen only systems that you can't adjust anything when talking about the size of the drops. I gusee the more presure the more fine the drops are?
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, not adjustable... but they are replaceable. I changed out the .15 and .12s for .008s . That, with the 1000psi makes for a super fine fog. Do you have a topic here on your g/h? size and such...? I no longer have hosted the hilarius video of when I first put the fogging system in (waaaay too many heads, running .12 and .15 orifices) where it completely became zero visibility and everything got wet to this more recent video of how I run it now... I think I currently have...7-9 heads running .008 orifices ran straight down the middle of the greenhouse.

Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a nice working setup! Does it bring the temps down a bit when in use?
    My g/h is about 18ft x 8ft x 6.5ft ...much like yours or smaller. Did you had a place where you bought your parts for the system? I was initialy thinking to do someting very similar of what you have just not running the tub through the middle but do more like a tour of the g/h ...like a U shape.
    Best regards,
    Marius

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would say when in use- yes. Since the cooler will turn off, but it doesn't take but probably 30seconds to come back on. Mine is 8 x 16 x 10 I put mine up in the center so it would have longer to evaporate and so it wouldn't just spray over and contaminate the other side of the g/h with the eventual build up of TDS... I also worried that the fog from one side would collide with the fog on the other side and make a larger mist instead of the fog I aim for. I have most definitely contemplated it though! The other thing I like about having it across the middle is I can aim each one toward or away from specific plant groups- definitely let me know if you decide to go with the U and how it ends up working!! I bought my fogger and most parts from the dreaded home depot. but some specialty parts I had to buy from the company directly offline (.008 orifice nozzles) and from a local sprinkler company anti drip things) they go in the line, then the nozzles screws into it, and it holds some pressure when off so a) you don't have to rebuild the pressure on startup and b) it doesn't sit and drip on you when it's off

Andrew
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guy, I know we've talked some in PMs... but to bring the information back public... How's it all going? Get the finer fogger heads on order yet? anti drips? It's amazing how wet everything gets with teh .12s and .15s huh? LOL
    While just in the g/h the fogger ran and I realized how well I could see the fog in the single light that would turn on tonight.. So, I got my phone out and took a vid- I think it does a good job on showing how fine the .08 fog is.. and also you'll see how well the anti drip nozzels work. This particular fogger head I recorded comes off of the side wall at about 7 ft tall.. so I'm recording it from under and you'll notice how quickly it shuts off once the pump is off and there is no dripping.

Andrew

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do the dews and pings like that kind of treatment?

Is this enough water for them, or do you water manually as well?

This would be perfect on a hot summer's day for humans, let alone CPs

Edit*** i need a greenhouse :P
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, again this is such a nice fog and not a mist.... so it doesn't affect drosera or pings in the way that spraying them with a spray bottle does... Rather it really enhances their dew into huge drops. I absolutely have to water as well, what you saw there probably didn't even change the color of the rocks on the ground- if it did they dang near instantly dried. Sometimes it can feel nice... Others it just adds to that hot, sticky feeling 0_o If it were outside I'm sure it would be an awesome kit for cooling your patio (what it's actually made for)
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! That's a nice system you got going!
    Well...no matter how you do it you need a pump. I got some 008 heads and they working more as a very light mist at the pressure that the RO tank is putting out. So i probably need to get a pump too in order to obtain a higher pressure on the system ...and a second tank just for that...or a container of some kind.
    The anti drip things are a must unless you don't mind loosing water...next on my list.
    The system as is now it would do great for neps probably...the light mist don't seem to do any damage to drosera either. It's not like it never rains in their natural habitat! With good air circulation they dry up fast....the problem is that the humidity will lower fast too. How is your humidity, Andrew? Did you make your system for humidity or for cooling?
    Best regards,
    Marius

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast